The writings of Eriq Nelson, ranging from poetry to prose to Extremely Bad Ideas and short stories.

06 March, 2008

Tonight

I'll be at The Flying Brick, 506 S, Pine St. watching Pedals on our Pirate Ships play live, at 19:00. You should come on out, free show! Your mother would approve.
3-10-08 Update.
It took me a while to get here and update. I'm lazy, it's how it goes. POOPS (love the acronym) put on an awesome show. There is nothing in the world better than direct song writing, no bullshit and no masks up. Matt Seymour writes songs about his life, no filters. The Flying Brick is a tough venue for me, living rooms aren't well designed for watching bands, but it still did the trick. I caught the first couple songs from Ghost Mice before I had to leave and I'm going to hunt some recordings down. Think old school folk and bluegrass wrapped up in modern aesthetics and songwriting techniques. Ahhh, acoustic goodness.

No comments: