The writings of Eriq Nelson, ranging from poetry to prose to Extremely Bad Ideas and short stories.

02 February, 2009

Poetry: Art Sucks

what's going on here
can't be monetized
doesn't fit into an agenda
there is no market for it

we are spinning lies into pretty shapes
just for the joy of spinning
smiling up into the sunlight
and laughing

unlike the rest of the world
who are spinning lies for a profit
or a feeling of importance

I dance with them between my fingers
I spit them out on plastic keyboards
like nude models on a canvas of fiber optics

these delicate moments are my friends
they are the monsters that live in my mind
and I won't sell them

I dance because there is nothing else
there is only the dance
between light and shadow
between night and day

everything else is an illusion
so I prefer to live among the pretty lights
that people treat like real things
threading my fingers through
each and every fiber of being

laughing at people who take things seriously
being very serious about unimportant things
generally being a fool
and dancing

what's going on here
is not art, it's dancing
is not a dance, but dancing
is not you, is not me

1 comment:

S. Preston Duncan said...

blue dragon comin' atcha